Monday, October 1, 2012

Motorcycle Safety Tips

There are all kinds of personal safety tips.

Tips for visiting _________ City.  (Fill blank with name of any city in the world.)

Driving safety tips.

Walking.  Flying.  In the home.  Safe sex.

The list is limitless.

Most safety tips are pretty obvious.

Here are a few not so obvious motorcycle safety tips:
 - Ride with your doctor.  My doctor ......... Dr. Gabe ........... is a gerentologist.  I guess there is a certain time when your primary care physician is a gerentologist.  So he may as well be your riding buddy.
- Dr. Christian?  Well, it's pretty handy when one of the other riders is .......drum roll please .........  an orthopedic surgeon.  Yep.  No kidding.  How handy is that? Especially cool when riding in Ecuador ......... mostly mountains and blind curves.
- Dr. Gabe's dad was there.  Also a doctor.  Also named Gabe.  But not a gerentologist.  A forensic pathologist.  Sheeeeeiiiiiit Bubba!!!  That's grim.  Kinda like riding with an undertaker. 
- I am not sure of the other two riders.  But I am pretty sure they were doctors.  Maybe a neuro surgeon for head trauma and a plastic surgeon for skin grafts?

Red shirt. Dr. Gabe.  Gerentologist
Black jacket (left) Dr. Gabe.  Forensic pathologist.
Orange jacket.  Dr. Christian.  Orthopedic surgeon.
My bike.  Far right.
All the bikes are Kawasaki KLR 650's.
Pretty cool bike for Ecuador.

Life is sweet,
Clarke



1 comment:

  1. "Ride with your doctor" This made me laugh! This is probably one of the most unique tips I have read when it comes to motorcycle safety. When I got into a motorbike accident two months ago I wasn't riding with my doctor (ha!) but I was wearing knee guards and kevlar jeans that I have gotten from http://www.s3performance.com.au/ . I was lucky enough that I didn't suffer any serious injuries. Also, I would like to say that Kawasaki KLR 650s bikes are very fun to ride. One of the best models in the market in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete